Saturday, October 30, 2010

SliTaz

I tried the SliTaz Linux distribution.

Advantages: Iso file only takes up 30Mb; boot is fast; good selection of programs in default despite small size of distribution; program-loading occurs at lightning speed; interface is decent.

Cons: Unable to make wireless work. I tried loading the module for my wireless card, as per instructions, but with no success.

However, should I be able to enable wireless, the distribution will be perfect for its class. I might install it on my mother's old laptop as an alternative to Windows, which is riddled with problems and gives me an enormous headache.

I encourage you to have a look at the SliTaz distribution. http://www.slitaz.org/ (Also see Youtube videos if you want it see it in action).

Downloading it and trying it out on USB is easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment